This is something I’ve written to be read out at my funeral. As I’m still alive I’ll just use it now. We are all here today to remember Andrew Bird. I would love to say all the things you are supposed to say in these circumstances like “he was always full of life and put others first” but that wouldn’t be true. He was alright wasn’t he? He was from Northampton, so yeah I know probably not even worth bringing up. As an under aged drinker in the local pub he tried to make the older men laugh. After dropping out of art collage and working in a factory for a few years that seemed really the only option. So he moved to London and got a job in a pub while starting out in stand up. After years of slogging around the circuit he established himself and did many Edinburgh shows, and wrote on various TV shows. He got married, bought a car, a house and had two children during the worst recession since the 20s. This pressure fuelled his slightly moaning stressed sense of humour but ultimately contributed to his untimely death.
"Birdie supported me on my arena tour and made me laugh every night. Truly an excellent comedian"
Upcoming Live Dates
Come and see me live - I add new live gigs all the time.
- 01/10/2021 Northampton Royal & Derngate Book Now
- 02/10/2021 Northampton Royal & Derngate Book Now
- 07/10/2021 Banbury The Mill Book Now
- 09/10/2021 Cardiff The Metro Point Arena Exit 7 Book Now
- 17/10/2021 Dublin Whelans Book Now
- 29/10/2021 Birmingham Glee Club Book Now
- 30/10/2021 Farnham Maltings Book Now
- 04/11/2021 Nottingham Glee Club Book Now
- 18/11/2021 Liverpool Hotwater Comedy Club Book Now
- 20/11/2021 London Museum of Comedy Book Now
- 25/11/2021 Brighton Komedia Book Now
- 27/11/2021 Milton Keynes The Stables Book Now
- 28/11/2021 Milton Keynes The Stables Book Now
"Funny as hell"