This is something I’ve written to be read out at my funeral. As I’m still alive I’ll just use it now.
We are all here today to remember Andrew Bird. I would love to say all the things you are supposed to say in these circumstances like “he was always full of life and put others first” but that wouldn’t be true. He was alright wasn’t he?
He was from Northampton, so yeah I know probably not even worth bringing up. As an under aged drinker in the local pub he tried to make the older men laugh. After dropping out of art collage and working in a factory for a few years that seemed really the only option. So he moved to London and got a job in a pub while starting out in stand up. After years of slogging around the circuit he established himself and did many Edinburgh shows, and wrote on various TV shows.
He got married, bought a car, a house and had two children during the worst recession since the 20s. This pressure fuelled his slightly moaning stressed sense of humour but ultimately contributed to his untimely death.
"Birdie supported me on my arena tour and made me laugh every night. Truly an excellent comedian"
Upcoming Live Dates
Come and see me live - I add new live gigs all the time.
- 23/08/2019 London Up The Creek Book Now
- 24/08/2019 London Up The Creek Book Now
- 24/08/2019 London Top Secret Book Now
- 26/08/2019 London Outside The Box Book Now
- 29/08/2019 Swindon Mirth Control Book Now
- 30/08/2019 London Banana Caberet Book Now
- 31/08/2019 London Banana Caberet Book Now
- 03/09/2019 Topcliffe Hilarity Bites Book Now
- 03/09/2019 Rippon Hilarity Bites Book Now
- 04/09/2019 Newton Aycliffe Hilarity Bites Book Now
- 05/09/2019 York Sitting Room Comedy Book Now
- 05/09/2019 Northallerton Sitting Room Comedy Book Now
- 06/09/2019 Helmsley Sitting Room Comedy Book Now
- 09/09/2019 Biggleswade Castle Comedy Book Now
- 12/09/2019 Bicester Lone Wolf Book Now
- 13/09/2019 Nottingham Glee Club Book Now
- 14/09/2019 Nottingham Glee Club Book Now
- 14/09/2019 Elford Funhouse Comedy Book Now
- 17/09/2019 Teddington BYOB Book Now
- 20/09/2019 Goldaming Mirth Control Book Now
- 27/09/2019 London Top Secret Book Now
- 28/09/2019 London Top Secret Book Now
- 30/09/2019 London BYOB Book Now
- 30/09/2019 London Comedy Round Mine Book Now
"Funny as hell"