This is something I’ve written to be read out at my funeral. As I’m still alive I’ll just use it now.
We are all here today to remember Andrew Bird. I would love to say all the things you are supposed to say in these circumstances like “he was always full of life and put others first” but that wouldn’t be true. He was alright wasn’t he?
He was from Northampton, so yeah I know probably not even worth bringing up. As an under aged drinker in the local pub he tried to make the older men laugh. After dropping out of art collage and working in a factory for a few years that seemed really the only option. So he moved to London and got a job in a pub while starting out in stand up. After years of slogging around the circuit he established himself and did many Edinburgh shows, and wrote on various TV shows.
He got married, bought a car, a house and had two children during the worst recession since the 20s. This pressure fuelled his slightly moaning stressed sense of humour but ultimately contributed to his untimely death.
“Comedy gold…going to be a star”
Upcoming Live Dates
Come and see me live - I add new live gigs all the time.
- 14/12/2016 Milton Keynes Stables Book Now
- 15/12/2016 Bath Krater Book Now
- 16/12/2016 Bath Krater Book Now
- 17/12/2016 Bath Krater Book Now
- 17/12/2016 Bristol Hen and Chickens Book Now
- 20/12/2016 Howlers Comedy Club Cheltenham Book Now
- 27/12/2016 Rock the Attic Banbury Book Now
- 31/12/2016 Comedy Loft Watford Book Now
- 06/01/2017 Llanelli Llanelli Book Now
- 12/01/2017 Basingstoke Laughter House Basingstoke Book Now
- 20/01/2017 Covent Garden Comedy Club London Book Now
- 20/01/2017 Backyard Comedy Club London Book Now
- 21/01/2017 Covent Garden Comedy Club London Book Now
- 21/01/2017 Backyard Comedy Club London Book Now
- 27/01/2017 Gloucester Rugby Club Funhouse Comedy Book Now
- 28/01/2017 Hertford Hertford Theatre Book Now
- 02/02/2017 Ashby-de-la-zouch Funhouse Comedy Book Now
- 02/02/2017 Litchfield Funhouse Comedy Book Now
- 03/02/2017 Cardiff Glee Book Now
- 04/02/2017 Cardiff Glee Book Now
- 09/02/2017 Leicester Comedy Festival The Globe Book Now
- 09/02/2017 Burton on Trent Funhouse Comedy Book Now
- 10/02/2017 London Brixton Hootananny Book Now
- 11/02/2017 London Wimbledon Crack Book Now
- 14/02/2017 Brighton Krater Book Now
- 15/02/2017 Milton Keynes Stables Book Now
- 16/02/2017 Birmingham Glee Book Now
- 17/02/2017 Birmingham Glee Book Now
- 18/02/2017 Birmingham Glee Book Now
- 23/02/2017 High Wycombe Hellfire Club Book Now
- 24/02/2017 Nuneaton Funhouse Comedy Book Now
- 25/02/2017 Aberdeen Breakneck Comedy Club Book Now
“A great storyteller. Funny, likeable and effortless”
“Funny as hell”